ARAMIS is a complete optical analysis system for dynamic measurement of complex materials and structures. The system allows the operator to perform rapid material characterization studies and deformation analysis in materials and components. Overall this tool is a highly robust, full-field, non-contact strain measurement tool that utilizes the highly accurate principals of digital image correlation.
The ARAMIS software is designed to run the sensor and controller, to process all measurements, to automatically compute result data and to perform post-processing. A well designed graphical user interface allows for easy navigation of tools and step by step guidance through the measurement procedure.
What makes ARAMIS so powerful is that while being easy to use and understand it is also an industrial grade solution providing all necessary functionalities from basic materials testing to complex research tasks.
Features and Benefits
- 3D Coordinates, displacements, velocities, and accelerations
- Major Strain, Minor Strain, Epsilon X, Epsilon Y, Von Mises Strain
- 3D Surface mapping of data sets to part geometry for viewing gradients and hotspots
- Measure individual points, section profiles, and perform statistical analysis of areas
- Overlay 3D data on camera image
- Import CAD or FEA model to compare deviation of experimental data directly to theoretical data
- Integrate in existing testing and measuring workflows including test machines and data acquisition systems
- Link with existing evaluation strategies and Adapt to any measuring and evaluation task
- Integrated in standard process chains through versatile import and export capabilities.
- All result data are exported in standard or free definable formats.
- All workflows are available for automated use with a record and play procedure.
- Scripting interface allows new analysis models to be easily added to the standard evaluation
- Data acquisition Controller has flexible triggering. Create custom trigger suquencs or Trigger from other devices. ARAMIS can trigger other devices also.
- ARAMIS Real Time Sensor provides strain and deformation measurement in real-time
- Elimination of the rigid body movement
- Transform coordinate system on part in either Cartesian or radial system
- Registration to CAD of FEA coordinate system
- Primitives (spheres, cylinders, cones, planes, lines …) can be generated from mesh data (certified by PTB and NIST)
- Full featured geometry based analysis (Point-Point distance, Point-Plane distance, Angles …)
- Native import of FEA data-sets (ABAQUS, LS-DYNA, PAM-STAMP, AutoForm and ASCII)
- Full-field comparison of geometry, deformation, displacements and strain values Calculation and comparison of major and minor strain, thickness reduction, 3D shape/geometry, X, Y, Z displacements
- Export of data-sets and results (surface data, ASCII, sections, diagrams, images, reports, …)
Documentation and Reporting
- Result data overlay on captured images
- Result visualization of strain images, graphical diagrams, analog signals, … in reports
- Result visualization in z-axis for easy comparison to FE-computation
- Statistic functionality and exports
- Export of results (ASCII, movies, images)
Forming Limit Curve (FLC)
- Determination of forming limit curve based upon ISO 12004
- Time or section based evaluation
- Evaluation of complete measurement series
- Direct interface with testing machines
- Easily transportable systems
- Aerospace: composite & advanced material studies, structural loading studies
- Automotive: manufacturing quality analysis & FEM confirmation
- Microelectronics: thermal expansion, PCB NDT & alignments
- Composites Manufacturing: quality control, failure analysis, material & structural properties
- Metal Forming: forming limit measurements
- Biomechanics: bone & tissue strains (see application page)
- Civil Engineering: Bridges, road materials, soil loading