ARAMIS Digital Image Correlation Software
ARAMIS Digital Image Correlation Software is an optical analysis tool that uses the evaluation of sequential digital images for measurements of deformation, strain, and displacement.
This tool is a material, structure, and geometry independent method, that replaces, strain gages, LVDTs, accelerometers, and other contact deformation measurement sensors, and provides experimental data comparable to FEA.
Overall this tool is a highly robust, full-field, non-contact optical strain measurement tool that utilizes the highly accurate principals of digital image correlation.
The ARAMIS System is a complete offering that includes software, optical measurement sensor, and 8 channel data logger. The ARAMIS software is designed to run the sensor and data logger, process all measurements, automatically compute resulting data, and to evaluate post-processed data. A well designed graphical user interface allows for easy navigation of tools, and step by step guidance through the measurement procedure.
What makes ARAMIS Digital Image Correlation software so powerful, is that while being easy to use and understand, it is also an industrial grade solution providing all necessary functionality for basic materials testing to complex research tasks.
Features and Benefits
- Optical solution for replacing strain gauges, accelerometers, LVDTs, Laser Trackers, and other contact deformation measurement sensors.
- 3D Coordinates, displacements, velocities, and accelerations.
- Major Strain, Minor Strain, Epsilon X, Epsilon Y, Von Mises Strain.
- 3D Surface mapping of data sets to part geometry for viewing gradients and hotspots.
- Measure individual points, section profiles, and perform statistical analysis of areas.
- Overlay 3D data on camera image.
- Import CAD or FEA model to compare deviation of experimental data directly to theoretical data.
- Integrate in existing testing and measuring workflows including test machines and data acquisition systems.
- Link with existing evaluation strategies and Adapt to any measuring and evaluation task.
- Integrated in standard process chains through versatile import and export capabilities.
- All result data are exported in standard or free definable formats.
- All workflows are available for automated use with a record and play procedure.
- Scripting interface allows new analysis models to be easily added to the standard evaluation.
- Data acquisition Controller has flexible triggering. Create custom trigger sequences or Trigger from other devices. ARAMIS can trigger other devices also.
- ARAMIS Digital Image Correlation Software provides strain and deformation measurement in real-time using RTS module.
- Elimination of the rigid body movement.
- Transform coordinate system on part in either Cartesian or radial system.
- Registration to CAD of FEA coordinate system.
- ARAMIS Digital Image Correlation Software has native import of FEA data-sets (ABAQUS, LS-DYNA, PAM-STAMP, AutoForm and ASCII).
- Full-field comparison of geometry, deformation, displacements and strain values Calculation and comparison of major and minor strain, thickness reduction, 3D shape/geometry, X, Y, Z displacements.
- Export of data-sets and results (surface data, ASCII, sections, diagrams, images, reports, …).
Documentation and Reporting
- Result data overlay on captured images.
- Result visualization of strain images, graphical diagrams, analog signals in reports.
- Result visualization in z-axis for easy comparison to FE-computation.
- Statistic functionality and exports.
- Export of results (ASCII, movies, images).
- Aerospace: composite & advanced material studies, structural loading studies.
- Automotive: manufacturing quality analysis & FEM confirmation.
- Microelectronics: thermal expansion, warpage, and PCB NDT & alignments.
- Composites Manufacturing: quality control, failure analysis, material & structural properties.
- Metal Forming: forming limit measurements.
- Biomechanics: bone & tissue strains.
- Civil Engineering: Bridges, road materials, soil loading.